GROW WITH COBY Ep 4: Why Do Some Situations Evoke Such Strong and Intense Emotions?
Situations that lead to intense #emotions, which in turn create #behavior that is unwanted. That is a situational #trigger and they are real in everyday life. Here are a few takeaways from the episode.
There are 2 types of situational triggers:
- Know situational #triggers
- Unknow situational #triggers
Within those are 2 variations:
- Current situational #triggers
- Ongoing situational #triggers
HOW DO WE IDENTIFY THEM?
- Which situations have intense emotions surrounding them?
- Which roles in life have these situations as an: #individual, #professional, #parent or #partner, whatever applies
WHAT DO WE DO ONCE WE IDENTIFY THEM?
- List them by the role you play
- Rank the intensity on a 1-10 scale with 10 being most intense
HOW DO I USE THIS CONCEPT EACH DAY?
- Rank their intensity on a 1-10 scale each day till they no longer play a role in life.
- Identify which situations you will face each week and the night before each day.
- When you can't control situations around you, all you can do is pour your energy into the things you can control, your dailies in preparing mentally, physically, and spiritually.
Listen to Coby on Spotify HERE
For more info and to connect with Coby go to growwithcoby.com